Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can't stop talking about myself!


Took some time off so I will have something to blog about. Had some visitors last weekend. My dad and his wife came up and Matt came down from SLC. Matt, as always, is a good mixer at any get together. His puppy is getting BIG and Pumper was happy to have a friend to play with. Did a little touring around S. UT. Went to the Mountain Meadows Massacre site, a place where Mormons killed up to 100 innocent travelers and tried to blame the local Indians for it. Not their proudest moment but at least they fessed up 100 years later.

The artist formally known as Chris Peterson pulled a fast one on us and sent 2 paintings for the price of one. We don't consider him a starving artist and feel lucky to have both paintings.

Had a fantastic dinner in Mesquite for our anniversary. Here is a pic of the aftermath. Mrs. Evans can be seen trying to push my belly back in.

Joined Facebook today or as Dad calls it, Spacebook. Got hooked up with no less than 4 elementary school chums within 20 minutes, a few of which I hadn't talked to since the early 80's. They all look old just like me.

Been going to the rec center to walk around in the pool and get exercise on the legs. Did without crutches this weekend and have been using a cane. I am more willing to use the cane, crutches are not as fun as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment